Thursday, December 6, 2012

Always look on the bright side of life *whistles*

Little Man still isn't sleeping well. I've begun some sleep.training techniques from the book "No Cry Sleep.Solution" and though it's only been one night, I have hope. But that's not what I want to talk about today.

Today I want to talk about the rest of the day. My son is such a good baby. He's very happy and smiles more than any other facial expression. He loves people and is the biggest flirt I've ever met. He's convinced waiters and shop clerks are there to fuss over him, and they rarely fail to disappoint.

He's a really good eater, always has been. We've moved on to level 2 foods, so he.gets meats and some mixed fruits. For breakfast I give him oatmeal with cinamon and fruit puree. Lunch is a vegetable puree and a fruit one. For.dinner, a meat entree like turkey and sweet potatos or chicken and mixed vegetables. I tried making my own baby food, but I'm not able to get them as smooth as tbe store bought stuff. He's texture oriented, like me, so no matter how I flavor it he won't eat it.

He's mobile now, though npt actually crawling. He scoots backwards, rolls around and lurches an inch here and there. He's really close to crawling, just hasn't yet figured out how to coordinate the hands and knees. We plan to fully baby proof this weekend, gating off the tv and kitchen. It amazes me how quickly he can move across the.floor and get into something.

The only time he really cries is when he's tired, though he'll fuss a little if.he's hungry or board. He loves kisses and gives hugs, and he likes to snuggle with me. He's in a phase where he.doesn't like men and will cry if.they hold him, which made his grandpa in Wisconsin very sad. And he's big and very healthy. So despite the fact that I'm exhausted and banging my head against the wall trying to get him to sleep, all in all I must be doing something right...

No comments:

Post a Comment