Sunday, September 2, 2012

Road Trippin'

When Little Man first came home, he hated his car seat. We'd get him in it and he would just wail. Thank god he's gotten better. Now he'll fuss if we sit still too long (screw the red light Mom, go!) or if we go too slow. Well, heading to Wisconsin to visit my in laws (a five hour drive without a baby) I discovered he also gets fussy if he's in the car too long. I discovered if I recline my seat back as far as it goes (irritating in my husband's car since it's a knob you have to turn forever!) and turn sideways in my seat, I can soothe him until the motion of the car works its magic. And it does now, within ten minutes of constant motion, out he goes. But the twisted position led to a scary moment. Some testosterone soaked pickup truck was weaving in and out of traffic. My husband had to swerve into another lane and all I could think was "This is gonna hurt." Thankfully we didn't get in a wreck and I am now safely turned in my seat with my seat belt fitted properly. Little Man is sound asleep in the backseat and home is less than an hour away. Life is good for the moment.


1 comment: