Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Just venting

As a new mom, the phrase "things will get better" comes up a lot. Well you know what? That doesn't help me. Suggest things to help or say you know it's tough and pat me on the back. I'm exhausted and the night feels endless. Telling me I have months of this to endure still is a cold comfort at best. Yes, I know it will end. I know millions of women have gone through it as well. And I bet they felt about the same.

The fact is I'm exhausted. I injured my neck in the hospital stay and aggravated it during labor and it still hurts. I can't eat dairy so many of my favorite foods are off limits. I'll talk about that tomorrow, I think. Everyone around me is far to ready to tell me what I'm doing wrong. So you tell me where's the comfort in "it will.get better?"

No comments:

Post a Comment