Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Well baby check

Had his two month checkup yesterday.
Birth:  5 lbs, 3 oz
              18 in
1 month: 6 lbs 14 oz
                  19 in
2 month: 10 lbs 6 oz
                   23 in

He's catching up with change. I asked his doctor how long we would have to adjust for his prematurity developmentally and she said he's doing everything she'd expect a premature baby to do so we don't have to.

Can I just say immunizations are evil. Don't get me wrong, I definately beleive in them, and Anthony was really good with them. But trying to soothe him while the nurse stabbed him was hard. And when I took the bandaid off last night I was shocked by how much he bled. Poor giy. But it has been almost 24 hours and he doesn't have a fever or seem to feel icky, so far anyway.

I've been doing some soul searching lately and realized I somehow became very negative the last year. I was quick to see the bad in people and did little else than complain. I'm not sure how or why it happened but it's not the woman I want raising my son. I need to figure out how to stay the positive person I want to be. Little Man deserves that.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like your little one is growing well. It's amazing how fast they grow.

    My little one goes in for his immunizations next week. I have been dreading it. I hope he doesn't scream too much because I hate hearing my baby upset.

    Good luck on the soul searching. I think everyone should take time to re-evaluate themselves every now and then.

    ReplyDelete