Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dairy free sucks

Do you have any idea how hard it is to avoid all dairy? It's in everything. I can cook from scratch, but Little Man is almost always awake at dinner time. So we try to find quick meals with no dairy, which gets aggravating. And the hardest part is it the results in my son's are inconsistent at best. Cheese seems to be safe, but anything with straight milk or whey is not. This means I can't have Hamburger Helper, most baked goods, even gravy can mess with his little tummy. Understand that I'm willing to sacrifice anything for him if it makes a difference. Though he doesn't get diarrhea like he did before I went dairy free, he still seems to have significant tummy troubles. It doesn't help that he has reflux issues, which causes his tummy to hurt. To make it better, he wants to eat which makes his belly hurt more. It causes him to spit up significant amounts, and who knows what is does as far as his digestive system. Poor little guy. I just wish I could figure out the magic formula to help him...

No comments:

Post a Comment